Pharmalicensing brings you advice, commentary and analysis from industry experts.
BioBusiness Network is the premier Global partnering event in the Bio Industry. This boutique event is THE place to network and be involved in key conversations about the latest partnering opportunities.
As the economic outlook brightens and confidence starts to increase, the European bio-pharma partnering community is proving that it has been never been more important for biotech and big pharma decision makers to meet, network and explore strategic opportunities for long-term partnering.
If you're anything like our delegates, you find it's getting more and more difficult to identify the events which will offer you real value and justify your time out of the office. Bio-partnering events should be about meeting the right people for your business and having the opportunity to assess potential and develop relationships.
If you're a ‘partner of choice' or someone who adds ‘real value' to the partnering process, BioBusiness Network has always been one of the leading platforms for engaging with the right people at the right level. BioBusiness Network 2010 is Europe's highest quality and most exclusive, boutique biopharma partnering event.
Taking place at the Intercontinental Geneva from 29th - 30th September, this exclusive, niche conference will bring together over 250 biotech and big pharma leaders from across the globe.
This year we bring you a two day conference with an in-depth conference programme, unrivalled networking and private partnering meetings for the leading companies in the biotech-pharma space. This is THE place for you to be involved in the key conversations, find out first hand about the latest partnering opportunities and see and be seen amongst the cream of the life science industry.
BioBusiness Network is consistently focused on delivering quality to the market - our attendees recognise that this is a unique, exclusive forum for engaging the right people at the right level and this is why they attend year on year.
"The size and exclusivity of the audience make it an extremely productive bio-partnering event"
Margaret Beer, Scientific Liaison, Merck.
What's unique about BioBusiness Network?
• Seniority - BioBusiness Network is a senior-level event. We don't invite ‘managers' or ‘executives' to this conference, so you don't find yourself wasting your precious time with them when you need to speak to a decision maker.
• Intimacy - We deliberately cap the number of attendees at BioBusiness Network to ensure the event remains conducive to networking. It's all well and good attending a conference with 2000-4000 delegates but how many meaningful conversations can you really have in two days? And how easy is it to spot who you really need to meet in a crowded exhibition hall?
• Informal networking - Of course you can make the most of our online partnering software to line up the meetings you really need at BioBusiness 2010. But on top of don't forget that you can make the most of top-level informal networking throughout the conference to ensure you have the breadth and depth of discussions to really propel your industry relationships to the next level
• Location - Taking place in Geneva, BioBusiness Network is practically on the doorstep of some of the world's leading pharma companies and at the centre of the bio-pharma partnering universe
I attend many conferences in my role at GSK but I certainly found this event to be of a very high quality and very useful"
Kate Burt, Dir.Com. Alliances and Transactions, GSK
Who to meet?
Whatever your focus, information on your potential partners and competitors is invaluable. BioBusiness is the only conference to offer you 360° visibility on the industry you work in, with first hand deal insight from biotechs and pharma, overviews from regulatory bodies, coaching from independent experts and the hottest new innovation from across the globe.
With so many senior decision makers at the conference, it's inevitable that you'll bump into people who can transform your business throughout the day, be it over coffee, in the conference room or relaxing over cocktails.
Think how useful it would be to grab a conversation with attendees such as:
• Nigel Sheail, Global Head of Licensing, Roche
• Lubor Gaal, Director, External Science Technology & Licensing, Bristol Myers-Squibb
• Peter Luke, Senior Director Strategic Alliances, Pfizer
• Gary Buell, Head of Search and Evaluation, Merck Serono International S.A.
• Karen Gallant, VP Business Development, Astra Zeneca
• Carlos de Sousa, VP Business Development, Nycomed
Of course, these attendees are not only going to be networking with you, they'll also be sharing their recent deals, experiences and predictions for the future with you as well in the high-profile conference programme. No other conference offers such an intimate and exclusive atmosphere in which to meet your peers and do effective business.
"BioBusiness is totally unique - a discreet, exclusive, yet relaxed environment for initiating and developing meaningful links with the right people"
Hans Peter Hasler, Vice President International, Biogen Idec
What's the focus?
Whether you're looking for funding, keen to stumble across a great pre-clinical product or just taking time out from meetings to catch up with industry developments, you can be sure to find the right topics and the right people to meet your needs.
• Headline Deal Case Studies. As always, BioBusiness Network offers the inside story on high profile deals. Find out new facts about the deals and learn how the human factor came into play during the deal-making process. This year features revolutionary case studies from the leading biotechs, including: Novexel, Alligator BioScience, Intercell, Lectus Therapeutics and more.
• Expert panels. Hear from some of the most senior BD&L executives in the industry including Nigel Sheail, Global Head of Licensing, Roche, Magnus Bjorsne, Business Development Director, AstraZeneca and Carlos De Sousa, VP Business Development, Nycomed; make the most of your chance to put questions to them throughout the conference.
• Early-stage deals workshop. New for 2010 and by popular demand, we bring you an exclusive, interactive forum for biotechs and big pharma involved in early-stage deals to come together and develop strategies to overcome top challenges.
• Networking roundtables throughout the conference. Put your questions to our speakers in a more informal, networking-focused environment. This is also your chance to identify other delegates who are pursuing the same indications as you.
What will you take away?
Have you ever been asked to pay to speak at a conference? Chances are you have. And if you pay for participation, you pay for the right to pursue your own agenda while you're presenting, right?
That's why BioBusiness Network speakers are chosen on their ability to present, their relevance to the industry at the current time and their willingness to share their experiences, not for their ability to pay.
What is means for you, as an attendee, is that you get much more honest case studies, much more controversial panels and much more insight into what makes your competitors tick.
To find out more
To find out more about this exclusive gathering contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 44 207 368 9465 or visit www.biobusinessnetwork.com
To make any comments on this article, or to ask a question of the author, please contact the publisher. If you would like to submit an article please subscribe to our Pharmalicensing Intelligence service.
The opinions expressed in the articles published in this section do not necessarily reflect those of Pharmalicensing. No actions including proposals to or agreements with other companies should be taken by any reader without obtaining specific business or legal advice. Neither the publisher nor the authors accept any liability for any actions or activities undertaken by any reader or other third party as a consequence of these articles or for any errors or omissions therein.
Clients in focus...